• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade Plesk Admin PHP Version

Brian H

New Pleskian
Hello there.

I have plesk 9.3 running, which came with PHP 5.2.6 for plesk sites and plesk admin. I have successfully upgrade the PHP running plesk sites to PHP 5.2.13 by upgrading C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5.

I was able to dump the PHP version on one of my plesk sites and it properly reads 5.2.13. The problem is that when I dump the version of the PHP admin, it still reads 5.2.6. Everything that I have tried ( mostly trying to update PHP in C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin ) cause the admin to fail.

Is there an upgrade method for bringing the Plesk Admin up to a newer version of PHP? Everything that I can find is focused on upgrading PHP for plesk sites, not the plesk admin.

I would appreciate any help!

-Brian

We strongly do not recommend to do anything with admin's PHP! Plesk code is very strongly depends on admin's PHP version and if you try to update it - 90% that Plesk will be completely broken.

Back