• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Upgrade Plesk Admin PHP Version

Brian H

New Pleskian
Hello there.

I have plesk 9.3 running, which came with PHP 5.2.6 for plesk sites and plesk admin. I have successfully upgrade the PHP running plesk sites to PHP 5.2.13 by upgrading C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5.

I was able to dump the PHP version on one of my plesk sites and it properly reads 5.2.13. The problem is that when I dump the version of the PHP admin, it still reads 5.2.6. Everything that I have tried ( mostly trying to update PHP in C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin ) cause the admin to fail.

Is there an upgrade method for bringing the Plesk Admin up to a newer version of PHP? Everything that I can find is focused on upgrading PHP for plesk sites, not the plesk admin.

I would appreciate any help!

-Brian

We strongly do not recommend to do anything with admin's PHP! Plesk code is very strongly depends on admin's PHP version and if you try to update it - 90% that Plesk will be completely broken.

Back