• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade to 10.1.1 fails because of php 5.2.x

Igor, You need some installation log to help developer team with the solution ?

Seconded! I have two as well, both are different (from multiple attempts).

Also - got an email from Zachary @ Parallels, confirming the issue has been identified and a patch is being developed as we speak. I mentioned this during an email about something else, so, it's definitely going ahead, as Igor said.

Hi,

I hope it will be released soo, I have a blank page on login page and if I activate display_errors on php.ini file, I have this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function vz_detect_ve() in /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3 on line 113

So if you have some fix for the upgrade error with command lines, it could be cool :)

Hi Igor!
Any fixes available, yet? Will it be released as hotfix or via the Updater? Thanks!

Hi, has there been any headway in this issue?

I already upgraded to Plesk 10.1.1 and now have an urgent need to upgrade PHP to 5.2 or better. I'm afraid if I try to upgrade PHP, then my little world will come crashing down.

@ParallelsPanel on Twitter replied to me that a patch should be released tomorrow :)

+1 waiting for patch

Remember that if don't have installed php 5.2, you cannot install new versions of Magento, Drupal, Joomla,...

The patch has been released evidently. Auto installer is now working for 10.1.1

Hello Everyone.

Yes, we have updated php-reconfigurator on site today.
You should just re-launch installation/update.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

I just update and get the same error:

Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
Running rpm_check_debug
ERROR with rpm_check_debug vs depsolve:
php is needed by (installed) php5-ioncube-loader-3.2-11012014.x86_64
php is needed by (installed) php5-ioncube-loader-3.2-11012014.x86_64
Complete!

So, I tried the new update. Did not fail on PHP issues. Good.

But.... Following the log develop on the screen as the upgrade happened, quite a lot of errors roll across the screen,

various failures to upgrade databases, plesk, horde, ..
[registration error] Parent factory 'i18n-en' does not registred:
Unable to upgrade horde database from 2.x to version 3.0, see psa log for details
Bunch of failures to connect to MYSQL,
tr: broken pipe messages
Error : You can't use locks with log tables.
[registration error] Factory 'plugin-pp-op-bbva' share dir does not exists
Cannot create new FI due to 'admin' is already exists. (HTTP code: 404)
db-update-plesk10.php and Horde, each several times claiming I should rerun the upgrade preceeded by a whole bunch of "PHP Notice: Undefined index:" errors

Throughout the autoinstaller log it shows six times to "Please rerun /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/scripts/db-update-plesk10.php manually"..

Despite all the errors flying by on various topics, it ends the upgrade with a simple Continue button screen, claiming that Plesk components have been upgraded successfully, looking quite normal. And from initial login to Plesk, it seems to be running. But it is quite worrisome to see all the errors and claims that my detabases did not upgrade, despite that final claim to have been successful.

On the way, it also reinstalled some package(s) I had specifically de-installed because I don't use or want them, such as plesk-billing.

Probably belongs to the story, that my Plesk runs in Poweruser mode. (After originally having been in normal Hosting mode)

BTW. It flew into that final "Great Ugrade Success" screen without the usual chance to save the upgrade log that I remember seeing earlier. I did however go save all log files left behind in /tmp.

Still not working for me after the patch. This is where it all seems to go wrong:

===> Upgrading database

Trying to start service mysqld... done
Trying to establish test connection... connected
done
Trying to find psa database... version is 01090
DATABASE ERROR!!!
Previous product version is 10.8.0, but previous database
version is 01090. In most of cases it is result of
previous upgrade try failure. Please, restore previous version
from backup, and try again or contact technical support.

ERROR while trying to check database version
Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/pp10.10.0-bootstrapper.110201.12.57.log), fix and try again

**** Product prep-install failed.

***** problem report *****
ERROR while trying to check database version
Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/pp10.10.0-bootstrapper.110201.12.57.log), fix and try again

Execute command rm -f /tmp/pp-bootstrapper-mode.flag
Execute command /usr/sbin/getenforce
Disabled
Error: An error occurred during performing of installation PREP actions (see log for details). Installation was rolled back.
Warning! Not all packages were installed.
Please check if your system services are operable.
Please resolve this issue and try installing the packages again.
If you cannot resolve the issue on your own, contact product technical support for assistance.

this is another problem not php related. have you tried this?

Previous product version is 10.8.0, but previous database
version is 01090. In most of cases it is result of
previous upgrade try failure. Please, restore previous version
from backup
, and try again or contact technical support.

Dependencies on ioncube excluded for cos5, cos5x64, rhel5, rhel5x64. New build published. Try upgrade now.

Back