• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade to 10.1.1 fails because of php 5.2.x

Looks good. Did the upgrade...No errors.

Thank you

My little world is all better now :)

Dependencies on ioncube excluded for cos5, cos5x64, rhel5, rhel5x64. New build published. Try upgrade now.

No Plesk component update available. Where can I find the new build with dependencies for cos5x64.

Thank you

Well....I guess I spoke too soon. I did the Plesk 10.1 upgrade..worked fine

Then I did the PHP upgrade...that worked fine too.

Now mysql won't start.

This was my greatest fear. I'm down, and don't know how to recover.

In Plesk...this is all I get:

ERROR: PleskFatalException
Unable to connect to database: mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

0: common_func.php3:95
psaerror(string 'Unable to connect to database: mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)')
1: auth.php3:124

Nightmare

This has been a nightmare for me.

I have 40 domains on my plesk install and I upgraded to 10.0.1 but the newest 10.1.0? was out a few days ago and it offered the staging feature I really wanted to try. So I upgraded, from there its all down hill.

The upgrade failed saying not enough space, but there was over 4 gigs free. Then the panel became unresponsive. Then my provider was able to get me in to the power panel but the plesk panel was not available. So they switched something and all I could get was the
Fatal error: Call to undefined function vz_detect_ve() in /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3 on line 113
so I followed instructions on here and tried to do the autoinstall to 10.1.1 to fix the problem last night.

However I had db error, so I restored to a preupgrade db, and it installed, but I still had no panel access and now all my domains go to the default apache page. I put up a message stating we're "upgrading" but its been 12 hours already and its not looking good.

Now I have no panel, no sites, and no idea what to do.

I have some old backups but nothing recent due to space constraints. A major f up.

Bright note though is that I can still ftp in to my sites and can see my files are still in tact so at least thats going well for me lol. I cant access mysql to see if my dbs are still ok and thats the thing that is really freaking me out.

Yeah....I keep thinking that this is probably no big deal and someone has a magic answer out there. But nope...

I've searched everywhere trying to find the solution to mysql not starting after upgrade.....nothing

I'm about to lose 2 websites....though that's not as bad as 40 :(

All because I wanted a couple of cool....but unimportant features in Plesk.

After 25 years in IT, you'd think I'd know better.

Silly

Ya I know what you mean. I feel like its there, its just something minor. I love plesk panel its ideal for me as a independent designer and host. I just need to resolve this so I can move on and get everything else rolling. If nothing else I've learned and incredibly valueable lesson lol. Well relearned. I'm going to bring a backup server online when this is fixed and also back up to a 3rd party server nightly.

have you..

Have you looked at the error log at /var/lib/mysql/{$hostname}.err ?

Have you looked at the error log at /var/lib/mysql/{$hostname}.err ?

No...not yet. However...I did make some headway. I found some little obscure mention of a mysql database not starting because of a different upgrade injecting a line of code in the /etc/my.cnf file. (datadir=/var/lib/mysql)

So...I checked my my.cnf file and it had that line...plus a bunch of other lines that this guy didn't have.

Anyway...long story short...I stole his my.cnf file and stuck it in my /etc directory....just for fun. And my mysql database started. Then Plesk came back.

I thought Woo hoo!! :) But I woohooed too quick. The websites are still down. :(

Anyway...I'm rebooting the server right now. I'll let you know what I find

Also got some progress

I got my sites back up but still no panel. My issues was fixed with a the command /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/httpdmng --reconfigure-domain mydomain.com

Well that's cool. At least you're back on line.

It looks like my problem now is due to my PHP upgrade and a Fast CGI problem. (I'd turn it off if I could figure out where the setting is in the new Plesk panel)

But I checked all the data in the database and everything is intact. I just don't have any websites working.

Maybe I'll go on a drinking binge. :)

I hame the same problem than LiVECrys about the PHP error, waiting for a solution/patch/workaround.

Autoinstaller can run hours by checking installed products, nothing.

For PHP 5.3. Don't mess with safe_mode config

Igor, FYI for your developers

Plesk (and upgrade packages) likes to reconfigure the PHP safe_mode variable to On in php.ini, no matter the PHP version.

"safe_mode" is now a deprecated config value, and is no longer in use. It causes PHP to be spitting out warnings when started.

Does that mean...

That turning off safe mode should resolve my issue with the panel?

My hosting company put a ticket in with Parallels, they logged in to my panel and confirmed their was a problem and that was it.

:/

This is as far as I can get...

===> Upgrading database

Trying to start service mysqld... done
Trying to establish test connection... connected
done
Trying to find psa database... version is 01090
Trying to backup MySQL database... done
MySQL databases are dumped to /var/lib/psa/dumps/mysql.preupgrade.10.9.0-10.10.0.20110203-100439.dump.gz
===> Cumulative database upgrade has been started
===> Upgrade completed.
Trying to set psa database version to 010100...
**** Product prep-install completed successfully.

Installing the package pp-sitebuilder-5.1.0-34158.10122501.noarch

ERROR: Unable to install the requested packages because either there is
not enough free disk space left, or there are package dependency problems.
Warning! Not all packages were installed.
Please check if your system services are operable.
Please, contact product technical support.

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/vzfs 20G 12G 8.9G 56% /
none 256M 4.0K 256M 1% /dev
/dev/vzfs 20G 12G 8.9G 56% /var/named/run-root/var/run/dbus

This has been a nightmare for me.

I have 40 domains on my plesk install and I upgraded to 10.0.1 but the newest 10.1.0? was out a few days ago and it offered the staging feature I really wanted to try. So I upgraded, from there its all down hill.

The upgrade failed saying not enough space, but there was over 4 gigs free. Then the panel became unresponsive. Then my provider was able to get me in to the power panel but the plesk panel was not available. So they switched something and all I could get was the

Fatal error: Call to undefined function vz_detect_ve() in /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3 on line 113
so I followed instructions on here and tried to do the autoinstall to 10.1.1 to fix the problem last night.

However I had db error, so I restored to a preupgrade db, and it installed, but I still had no panel access and now all my domains go to the default apache page. I put up a message stating we're "upgrading" but its been 12 hours already and its not looking good.

Now I have no panel, no sites, and no idea what to do.

I have some old backups but nothing recent due to space constraints. A major f up.

Bright note though is that I can still ftp in to my sites and can see my files are still in tact so at least thats going well for me lol. I cant access mysql to see if my dbs are still ok and thats the thing that is really freaking me out.
I fixed this error I got too.

You need to run the bootstrapper to fix your installation and to allow you to run autoinstaller via CLI.

Comand line for bootstrapper:

Code:
/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp10.9.0-bootstrapper/bootstrapper --repair
If all is good, run the autoinstaller:

Code:
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller
If the bootstrapper gives you an error about a wrong database version, before each upgrade, Plesk saves your 'psa' database into /var/lib/psa/dumps/mysql.preupgrade.dump.gz.xx (xx is an incremented number with the current latest existing number). You can restore the latest saved 'psa' database and run again the bootstrapper.

I have the same problem, almost. All my websites work but I dont have access to the panel. The error in /var/log/sw-cp-server is
Code:
2011-02-08 10:56:14: (mod_fastcgi.c.2582) FastCGI-stderr: PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function vz_detect_ve() in /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3 on line 113

The last few lines of the parallels-installation-log.txt are
Code:
Execute command rpm -U --test /root/parallels/SITEBUILDER_5.1.0/dist-rpm-RedHat-all-all/base/pp-sitebuilder-5.1.0-34158.10122501.noarch.rpm 
memory alloc (268435456 bytes) returned NULL.
Execute command /usr/sbin/getenforce
Disabled
Error: Unable to install the requested packages because either there is
not enough free disk space left, or there are package dependency problems.
Warning! Not all packages were installed.
Please check if your system services are operable.
Please, contact product technical support.

I tried the command line bootstrapper repair and then the command line autoinstaller but still have the same problem.

Any ideas?

Try to run the bootstapper command line I posted in my previous post, it fixed it for me :)

Is there a fix for debian lenny using php 5.3? (currently using dotdeb's repository)

Back