• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade to 9.2 failed -- can we move customer data *without* using Migration Manager?

K

KellyB

We tried to run an upgrade on a 8.1 Win Plesk box to 9.2.1 and the upgrade failed, and broke the Plesk control panel. It appears our psa database did not get properly upgraded during the process. In searching the forums, we have tried various suggestions, such as the Reconfigurator, and changing database types... we did switch from jet to mysql, but now plesk throws errors about unable to log into mysql...

I've tried to uninstall Plesk 9.2.1 to restore Plesk 8, but the same database error exists. (btw, I don't think we have a full Plesk 8 backup, but we do show daily backups of the jet Plesk database)

We then thought to just migrate the accounts (there are only about 30) to one of our clean installs of Plesk 9.2.1. However, Migration Manager also fails (we have followed all directions -- ports open, file sharing on, same versions of MM running on both servers... )

At this point, I am wondering if there is a way to just recreate the accounts on the new Plesk 9.2.1 box, and *manually* copy the data w/out using Migration Manager? It seems like this should work like this... setup the account in the new Plesk, and copy the IIS & Mail Enable data, and then run the reconfigurator to check the permissions...

Is there a step-by-step guide for importing data w/out using Migration Manager??

Any help for our situation is appreciated...

Thanks...

What I have done in the past when Migration Manager was acting up....

Do a backup on the source 8.x Plesk box.
Copy the created PSA file over to the 9.x Plesk box.

Run the backup convert utility to convert the PSA into Plesk 9.x XML file.

Create the domain in Plesk.
Copy the XML files and folders over to the Plesk backup folder.

Run a restore in Plesk to restore the domain's data.

Hope this helps...

Back