• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Upgrade to Debian Wheezy: odbcinst1debian2 : Breaks: libmyodbc

LarsenD

Regular Pleskian
To everyone who is trying to upgrade Debian Squeeze to Wheezy as it will reach end-of-life soon. I got this error when preparing the update:

Code:
# apt-get dist-upgrade --download-only
Calculating upgrade... Failed
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 odbcinst1debian2 : Breaks: libmyodbc (< 5.1.6-2) but 5.1.6-1 is to be installed
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages.

My solution was to install the packages this way:
Code:
apt-get install libmyodbc odbcinst1debian2 initscripts keyboard-configuration klibc-utils gcc-4.4

This solves the problem, but be aware that I am not saying that this will also give you a flawless upgrade, so test it on a development server first, if possible.

Any further errors+solutions regarding the upgrade to Debian Wheezy greatly appreciated.

Another problem when upgrading Plesk:
Code:
Failed loading /usr/lib/php5/20090626+lfs/ioncube_loader_lin_5.3.so: /usr/lib/php5/20090626+lfs/ioncube_loader_lin_5.3.so: undefined symbol: php_body_write
Proposed solution before upgrading Plesk or after having executed "apt-get dist-upgrade":
Code:
dpkg-reconfigure php5-ioncube-loader

Last edited:
Next problem on a 64-bit system: sw-engine is not updated to the Debian 7 version. I think the problem stems from the used scheme for the version number:
2.9.8-201308011003.debian60
2.9.8-201308011000.debian70

As "debian70" comes after the build number and the build number for Debian 6 (...003) is higher than for Debian 7 (...000), apt-get won´t update this package and gives out "sw-engine is already the newest version".

I have just created a bug report to Parallels, as I think only they can fix this problem.

I have just created a bug report to Parallels, as I think only they can fix this problem.

You know that dist-upgrade is not supported by recent Plesk versions, right? The suggested way to move from Debian 6 to 7 is migration. Also I highly doubt this will be fixed, especially in an already released Plesk version.

Next problem on a 64-bit system: sw-engine is not updated to the Debian 7 version.

Workaround:
- Remove the old package while ignoring dependencies
Code:
dpkg --ignore-depends=sw-engine -r sw-engine
- Insert the Parallels-Repository (normally done temporarly by autoinstaller)
Code:
cat <<EOF >> /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://autoinstall.plesk.com/debian/PSA_11.5.30 wheezy all
deb http://autoinstall.plesk.com/debian/SITEBUILDER_11.5.10 all all
deb http://autoinstall.plesk.com/debian/BILLING_11.5.30 all all
EOF
- Install the new packages while simultaneously removing the conflicting one
Code:
apt-get install sw-engine libxmlrpc-c++4 libxmlrpc-core-c3 libxmlrpc-c3-

Problem when trying to add a new subscription after the upgrade:
Code:
Internal error: Cannot load library: /usr/lib/libmysqlserver.so.2

Solution, see http://kb.parallels.com/en/120426:
Code:
ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libmysqlserver.so.2 /usr/lib/libmysqlserver.so.2; \
ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/odbc/libmyodbc.so /usr/lib/odbc/libmyodbc.so

Last edited:
Problem when trying to add a new subscription after the upgrade:
Code:
Internal error: Cannot load library: /usr/lib/libmysqlserver.so.2

Solution, see http://kb.parallels.com/en/120426:
Code:
ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libmysqlserver.so.2 /usr/lib/libmysqlserver.so.2; \
ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/odbc/libmyodbc.so /usr/lib/odbc/libmyodbc.so

It's not the correct way. Please, avoid such symlinks.
After you have upgraded plesk from debian 6 to 7 you should just change psa.conf string:
Code:
# APS controller
APS_DB_DRIVER_LIBRARY   /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libmysqlserver.so.2.0

Thanks for the info which is better of course. But then you should defnitely change your own knowledge base entry.

edit: seems like it is necessary to replace "/etc/psa/psa.conf" with "/etc/psa/psa.conf.default" as there are more differences.

Last edited:
Next problem on a 64-bit system: sw-engine is not updated to the Debian 7 version. I think the problem stems from the used scheme for the version number:
2.9.8-201308011003.debian60
2.9.8-201308011000.debian70

Seems like Parallels has fixed this problem at least in 12.0.18. "debian70" is now at the beginning of the version number:
Code:
# dpkg -l sw-engine
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name                                      Version                   Architecture              Description
+++-=========================================-=========================-=========================-========================================================================================
ii  sw-engine                                 2.13.11-debian70.20140701 i386                      Plesk panel interpreter

Back