• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Upgrade to Debian Wheezy: odbcinst1debian2 : Breaks: libmyodbc

LarsenD

Regular Pleskian
To everyone who is trying to upgrade Debian Squeeze to Wheezy as it will reach end-of-life soon. I got this error when preparing the update:

Code:
# apt-get dist-upgrade --download-only
Calculating upgrade... Failed
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 odbcinst1debian2 : Breaks: libmyodbc (< 5.1.6-2) but 5.1.6-1 is to be installed
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages.

My solution was to install the packages this way:
Code:
apt-get install libmyodbc odbcinst1debian2 initscripts keyboard-configuration klibc-utils gcc-4.4

This solves the problem, but be aware that I am not saying that this will also give you a flawless upgrade, so test it on a development server first, if possible.

Any further errors+solutions regarding the upgrade to Debian Wheezy greatly appreciated.

Another problem when upgrading Plesk:
Code:
Failed loading /usr/lib/php5/20090626+lfs/ioncube_loader_lin_5.3.so: /usr/lib/php5/20090626+lfs/ioncube_loader_lin_5.3.so: undefined symbol: php_body_write
Proposed solution before upgrading Plesk or after having executed "apt-get dist-upgrade":
Code:
dpkg-reconfigure php5-ioncube-loader

Last edited:
Next problem on a 64-bit system: sw-engine is not updated to the Debian 7 version. I think the problem stems from the used scheme for the version number:
2.9.8-201308011003.debian60
2.9.8-201308011000.debian70

As "debian70" comes after the build number and the build number for Debian 6 (...003) is higher than for Debian 7 (...000), apt-get won´t update this package and gives out "sw-engine is already the newest version".

I have just created a bug report to Parallels, as I think only they can fix this problem.

I have just created a bug report to Parallels, as I think only they can fix this problem.

You know that dist-upgrade is not supported by recent Plesk versions, right? The suggested way to move from Debian 6 to 7 is migration. Also I highly doubt this will be fixed, especially in an already released Plesk version.

Next problem on a 64-bit system: sw-engine is not updated to the Debian 7 version.

Workaround:
- Remove the old package while ignoring dependencies
Code:
dpkg --ignore-depends=sw-engine -r sw-engine
- Insert the Parallels-Repository (normally done temporarly by autoinstaller)
Code:
cat <<EOF >> /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://autoinstall.plesk.com/debian/PSA_11.5.30 wheezy all
deb http://autoinstall.plesk.com/debian/SITEBUILDER_11.5.10 all all
deb http://autoinstall.plesk.com/debian/BILLING_11.5.30 all all
EOF
- Install the new packages while simultaneously removing the conflicting one
Code:
apt-get install sw-engine libxmlrpc-c++4 libxmlrpc-core-c3 libxmlrpc-c3-

Problem when trying to add a new subscription after the upgrade:
Code:
Internal error: Cannot load library: /usr/lib/libmysqlserver.so.2

Solution, see http://kb.parallels.com/en/120426:
Code:
ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libmysqlserver.so.2 /usr/lib/libmysqlserver.so.2; \
ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/odbc/libmyodbc.so /usr/lib/odbc/libmyodbc.so

Last edited:
Problem when trying to add a new subscription after the upgrade:
Code:
Internal error: Cannot load library: /usr/lib/libmysqlserver.so.2

Solution, see http://kb.parallels.com/en/120426:
Code:
ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libmysqlserver.so.2 /usr/lib/libmysqlserver.so.2; \
ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/odbc/libmyodbc.so /usr/lib/odbc/libmyodbc.so

It's not the correct way. Please, avoid such symlinks.
After you have upgraded plesk from debian 6 to 7 you should just change psa.conf string:
Code:
# APS controller
APS_DB_DRIVER_LIBRARY   /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libmysqlserver.so.2.0

Thanks for the info which is better of course. But then you should defnitely change your own knowledge base entry.

edit: seems like it is necessary to replace "/etc/psa/psa.conf" with "/etc/psa/psa.conf.default" as there are more differences.

Last edited:
Next problem on a 64-bit system: sw-engine is not updated to the Debian 7 version. I think the problem stems from the used scheme for the version number:
2.9.8-201308011003.debian60
2.9.8-201308011000.debian70

Seems like Parallels has fixed this problem at least in 12.0.18. "debian70" is now at the beginning of the version number:
Code:
# dpkg -l sw-engine
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name                                      Version                   Architecture              Description
+++-=========================================-=========================-=========================-========================================================================================
ii  sw-engine                                 2.13.11-debian70.20140701 i386                      Plesk panel interpreter

Back