• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Upgrade to Onyx 17.5

NicolasP.

Regular Pleskian
Hello.

I want to upgrade to 17.5 and because I use custom web server configuration templates, I want to know if it will be safe to upgrade.

The custom file is /domain/nginxDomainVirtualHost.php.
I will upload it to see the difference with the original file from Onyx 17.5

Thanks

Attachments

• nginxDomainVirtualHost.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 2
Hi NicolasP.,

YES, it IS safe to upgrade ( answer is given without inspecting your custom template for "nginxDomainVirtualHost.php", because you are certainly always able to DISABLE your custom templates by renaming the folder to for example "custom.back", followed by the command "plesk repair web -y -v" or "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all" )

Custom templates are still possible, but you should be aware about the fact, that possible changes may result in issues/errors/problems, which YOU have to investigate when they appear. People willing to help you should not be asked to test custom templates on their server(s), just to verify if YOUR own modifications work on THEIR servers as well - we might not have the same components/extensions installed as you on your server and our configurations might as well differ from yours. ;)

Back