• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade to PHP5/MySQL5 disaster

B

BadCat

We needed to upgrade to the latest version of PHP and MySQL (PHP5 and MySQL5). Using YUM we installed the latest versions. However, now there is an error with Plesk 8.0.1

MySQL query failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'release) = "Siteframe-3.2.2-6"' at line 1

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:235
db_query(string 'SELECT id FROM SiteAppPackages WHERE CONCAT(name, "-", version, "-", release) = "Siteframe-3.2.2-6"')
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/SiteApps/class.SiteAppPackageManager.php:284
SiteAppPackageManager::getSiteAppPackageId(string 'Siteframe-3.2.2-6')
2: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/SiteApps/class.SiteAppPackageManager.php:249
SiteAppPackageManager->syncWithDatabase()
3: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/license.php3:27

This is really urgent to fix, can anyone help at all???

Thanks!!!!

I think I need to upgrade to 8.1 (at lest) to make MySQL5 work. But HOW?? I can't create an account on the Parralels website to download the latest software - I get an errors.

System error: Incorrect structure ClientTemplateInfo: Missing locale data.

i could remove MySQL5 and revert back to MySQL4, but I'm not sure what YUM will remove when I do that.

AGGH!

You are correct, PSA 8.1 is not compatible with mysql 5 (I marked the atomic mysql rpms up for this condition specifically). You'll have to downgrade to mysql 4, then update PSA to 8.3 or above.

If for some reason mysql cannot handle the downgrade because of a db file change, you have a running 7 day backup of mysql in /var/lib/psa/dumps/.

Back