• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question upgrade to Plesk 12.5 from Plesk 11.5

D4NY

Regular Pleskian
Hello guys.
We have 2 phisical dedicated servers in OVH (SoYouStart) with Plesk 11.5 control panel. We need to upgrade our systems in order to have an updated version of MySql and Php and also some new features in the panel.

This 2 servers are production server, crucial environment for our business, 40 domains each.

We absolutely need that they stay up without problems after upgrade.

The licence bought with OVH servers will be active and alive with 12.5 version?

How is the best way to do this upgrade in a safe way?

Thanks

Done. We are waiting for a reply.

In the meanwhile we run the Php preupgrade checker on both server and we got 0 Warnings and 0 Errors (these are 2 servers used just for hosting, nothing else has been installed or modified on the CentOS o.s. with Plesk panel)

Our server provider is OVH , the keys are paid with the server and they think the licence should work with Plesk 12.5.... but i'm not sure about that

Hello D4NY :)

Glad to hear that you're considering an upgrade :) By the way, why not go the whole hog and upgrade to Plesk Onyx, our latest and greatest release? You can read about it and its many amazing features here.

As for the license, in short, if you have a lease license (one you pay for every month), you're good to go. If you have a perpetual license (one you paid a lump sum once), it's a bit trickier. In the latter case, you need SUS for the license to work with Plesk 12.5 or Plesk Onyx. To find out for sure, I recommend you to get in touch with our Licensing and purchase support.

Hello Modronmarch, thank you for your advice about the possibility to upgrade to Onyx. We have just upgraded to Plesk 12.5 and everything is ok (apart some alert during automated ftp backups). We are evaluating to upgrade again to Onyx but we need more compatibility infos. We have CentOS 6.8 with MySql 5.1. We paid a lease license to OVH but we want to be sure that our key will be ok with Onyx, can i write you a private msg with the key number so you can verify?

Glad to hear that the upgrade went smoothly :) As for checking the license's compatibility with Onyx - unfortunately, I can't help you there - wrong department (sorry!). Just talk to the licensing support gals following the link in my previous message, they'll sort you out :)

Back