• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Upgrade to Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 is available. but URL leads to "site can't be reached"

Giorgos Kontopoulos

Basic Pleskian
this morning logging on into my plesk "Plesk Onyx 17.0.17 Update #25 , last updated at May 11, 2017 06:45 AM" I see there is onyx update

I click the link and realize there is a component update so click this this first and it completes
when I click the OK button (after it has said it was completed) it gets stuck going nowhere seems its trying load a page that never loads so I abandon it

I log into my plesk again and going to the update message and click it "install now"
the link goes to this address "https://domaincom:8443/admin/update/product" but redirects here "https://domain.com:8447/?secret=&locale=en-US" with "site can't be reached" message

any clues ?

Make sure that port 8447 is not firewalled. Also I'd suggest you install all available updates in CLI with

# plesk installer --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components

How do I check the port is not firewalled ? I don't have any firewall setup.
I did the 2nd part and this is what I get ... as I told the OK (after the update of components) was stuck so its related it seems

plesk installer --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components
WARNING: Ignored deprecated parameter in Plesk Installer's configuration file: 'SOURCE_TYPE' = 'network'

BUSY: Update operation was locked by another update process.
exit status 1

the process finished probably on its own because right now (a few hours later) the plesk installer command run without a problem

an later on the plesk upgrade from 17.0.17 to 17.5.3 run smoothly as well
thank IgorG

Hi Giorgos Kontopoulos,

each webinstaller - process ( this process starts, when you open the page => HOME > Tools & Settings > Updates & Upgrades ) should ( normally ) close it's session after 30 minutes of inactivity. ;)

the process finished probably on its own because right now (a few hours later) the plesk installer command run without a problem

an later on the plesk upgrade from 17.0.17 to 17.5.3 run smoothly as well
thank IgorG

Does this update take that long to download and install? It's been running for a little over 30 minutes and installer page is loading, but has not updated on progress.

Thank you,
Miguel

Hi Mike,

Does this update take that long to download and install?
This certainly depends on your hardware on your server, the network - connection and the used sources, where you download the packages from. I can confirm, that the upgrade will run about 10-20 minutes.

If you experience, that the webinstaller itself loads and loads and loads, without any progress, then it is mostly the case that your instance might have died or got interrupted. In this case, it is much better to use the command line ( logged in as user "root" over SSH ) and use the CLI command:
Code:
plesk installer --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components
... as already suggested by Igor. ;)

Hi Mike,

This certainly depends on your hardware on your server, the network - connection and the used sources, where you download the packages from. I can confirm, that the upgrade will run about 10-20 minutes.

If you experience, that the webinstaller itself loads and loads and loads, without any progress, then it is mostly the case that your instance might have died or got interrupted. In this case, it is much better to use the command line ( logged in as user "root" over SSH ) and use the CLI command:
Code:
... as already suggested by Igor. ;)

Thanks! Will perform them via CLI from now on.

Back