• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

upgrade to v.8.2 failed - Plesk dead

I

idreams

Hello!

Plesk is dead after I tried to upgrade from 7.5.4 to 8.2.0. This is a very serious issue, I really hope that somebody can help me.

--- System configuration ---

Linux Suse 9.3
Plesk 7.5.4

--- What I did so far ---

First i started the automatic update from Plesk 7.5.4 to Plesk 8.2.0 via the Server Administration of the Web Interface.

Soon afterwards Plesk was not accessible anymore.

Therefore I tried to do the upgrade with the autoinstallier console application, which did not succeed to the following dependency errors:

Installing the package psa-api-8.2.0-suse9.3.build82070706.15.noarch
Execute command rpm -U --test /root/swsoft/PSA_8.2.0/dist-rpm-SuSE-9.3-i386/base/psa-api-8.2.0-suse9.3.build82070706.15.noarch.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
psa-api-common >= 7.5.4 is needed by (installed) psa-7.5.4-suse9.3.build75050824.12
psa-api-cli >= 7.5.4 is needed by (installed) psa-7.5.4-suse9.3.build75050824.12
Filefetcher: get file PSA_8.2.0/plesk-8.2.0-suse9.3-i386.inf3
ERROR: Unable to install the requested packages because of package dependency problems.
Warning! Not all packages were installed.

I soon realized that the automatic update from the web interface has aborted with the same error.

It followed that Plesk was not accessible anymore. Therefore I tried to install the required packages manually, but did not succeed and deleted all 8.2.0 RPMs then.

I also tried to restart plesk via /etc/init.d/psa but received many errors in connection to the HTTPD damon.
The first was:
Error: HTTPD_SERVICE not defined

As I researched on the Web, people suggested to add the missing configurations into the file /etc/psa/psa.conf - still HTTPD_SERVICE seems to be wrong as it can not find /etc/init.d/httpd.
Actually I have httpd2-prefork installed, which i manually started then.

---

I now need to either step back to the previous version of Plesk 7.5.4 or to upgrade to Plesk 8.2.0. Could you help me please on getting Plesk executable again? - this is very important for me.

Back