• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgraded today from 11.0.9 to 11.5.30#15 and some web pages show default plesk page

stefan taylor

New Pleskian
Hi,

Massive problem for me I have upgraded to the above and now I have some sites that show the default plesk page. Some domains work with out www and the www version show plesk page and vise versa.

Some sub domains work and some don't too.

What's happened I am completely stuck?

I am running centos 6.5 final

Thanks

Stefan.

You might want to check the DNS of affected domains. maybe in the transfer you lost the www DNS entry

Something similar happened to me some time ago. try this:

go into the domain that is affected, go into DNS

double check if there are any special DNS entries that arent on your server default dns template and write them down

click on the "restore dns to default" and once in that option, make sure to activate the www prefix and restore

then manually create any special DNS entries you had (if any)

also, in the panel, in the domain, if you click on "hosting settings" you will see an option called "preferrd domain" and you might want to check which option you prefer to use there.

hope this helped

Hi Sven,

Thanks for the shout back, i am amazed that no one from plesk will answer this and i have seen various posts all along the same lines as this with various different solutions (which i tried to no avail).

Ok i have done what you said and it sort off repaired some of my domains (not many) so i suppose i am a bit further to solving this.

Whats really confusing is that the sites that are not working have exactly the same config & setup as the ones that work - so i am back to being baffled.

Where you quoted "click on the "restore dns to default" and once in that option, make sure to activate the www prefix and restore"

i was not given an option to activate www prefix , so i created a new cname record for it - would this be correct?

Regards,

Stefan

weird. i am not expert enough to know why you might be missing that option (is it gone from the interface or is it there, but greyed out?)

but yeah, manually creating a cname record should do the trick too ofc.

totally not there at all - so i am assuming that's wrong as well?

Yeah i am no expert either and i saw this issue in previous builds so it should of been sorted!

started back on the server to check at least the domains that started to work still did and they are now showing the default plesk page?

really baffled and still plesk people answering js.

Stefan, have you already rebuilt your vhosts with ..
Code:
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all

Back