• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrading 7.5.1 -> 7.5.2 not working

A

arjanv

Hello,

We wan't to updgrade our 7.5.1 version to 7.5.2 with the autoinstaller. When the autotinstaller has downloaded all files the installer stops without mailing.

In the autoinstaller.log we can't find any errors in de autoinstaller.log.

Can someone help us?

Grtz Arjan

Hello,

I think that it's is another problem with us :

This is the end of autoinstaller.log :
------------------------------------------------------------
----

Retrieving standard packages
---

Retrieving Plesk files
---

------------------------------------------------------------
After this autoinstaller stops. Autoinstaller downloads everything but then he stops.

Anyone a suggestion?

Grtz Arjan

I seem to be having the same problem with the updater trying to update from 7.5.1 to 7.5.2 running on fedora core 2. The update just stops after a while with no errors logged.

/tmp/autoinstaller.log last few lines are also:
'
----

---

Retrieving Plesk files
---
'

I was thinking of installing the RPMs via the command-line as they were downloaded but i'm going to wait and see first, since i don't have a test server and can't afford to screw up the production box.

Anyone else run into the same problem?

Try logging into your server via ssh, su to root, and look for autoinstaller and rpm processes in both ps and in top. I f you have autoinstaller and rpm processes that are not in top, it is possible that they are zombie processes, or at least, no longer active.

Use

ps -ef | grep autoinstaller

and

ps -ef | grep rpm

to locate the processes

Use

to find the processes using the most resources on your server.

Autoinstaller calls rpm to find and update the plesk packages. The RPM database files, found in /var/lib/rpm as __db.nnn can become corrupted if a package install or update takes too long or is somehow interupted. This will cause the rpm processes to just hang around not doing anyting, which causes the autoinstaller to hang around not doing anything.

In your Plesk control panel, can you get to the Updater page?

Are there any messages there, near the top of the page?

Can you click on the available updates, in this case most likely 7.5.2, and will the page showing the component update status load, or does the control panel hang at that point? Can you use your browser's back button to get out of the "loading" message if it stalls?

Can you get to service managment or component info in the control panel?

We didn't have any error messages either. As a matter of fact, several packages installed successfully per the various /tmp logs. But the rpm databases had become corrupted as the pleks autoinstaller web site failed to respond serveral times.

Originally posted by markpol
I was thinking of installing the RPMs via the command-line as they were downloaded but i'm going to wait and see first, since i don't have a test server and can't afford to screw up the production box.

Anyone else run into the same problem?

Running the RPM's isn't any less safe than using the updater, in fact personally I'd rather use the RPM's.

Thanks for your replies.

I've gone and checked to see if i had any sleeping or zombie autoinstaller and rpm processes but none where there.

If i enter into the control panel everything works just fine as if i never tried updating. No messages anywhere to be seen. Service management and component info all working ok.

The log file in /tmp is there with new output appended to the bottom. Again, no error messages in there either.

I actually tried the control panel updater again while monitoring the process list using top. The commands autoinstaller and rpmq showed up for while and then disapeared.

Incidently, i did have around 2 or 3 zombie processes showing up but they were the command "[httpsd] <defunct>".

Anyway, I'm going to go ahead and update manually running rpm at the command line. Thanks again for your help.

Hi!

I have the same problem to update 7.5.1 to 7.5.2 on Fedora Core 2 FC2.

The updater log (/tmp/autoinstaller.log) stop at "Retrieving Plesk Files"...

----

---

Retrieving Plesk files
---

markpol, do you try a manual update ? If yes, where you find how to update from 7.5.1 to 7.5.2 ?

Anyone have an idea ?

Thanks you un advance,
Benoît

Back