• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved MariaDB Upgrade 10.3 -> 10.6 not working

boosterfan

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 10.13
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian 18.0.55
You need to install the sudo package:

Is this not normal part of Plesk? There is no info in the tutorial that it is needed to install it?

How to install it? Are there any other packages or so needed to follow the mariadb upgrade tutorial?

It's usually part of the default installation of a Linux OS, but apparently not on Debian. That's why it needs to be installed manually.

You'll find instructions on how to install it in the link Maarten provided. If you Google "install sudo debian" you'll find other tutorial/manuals too.

I see that I can install it with "apt-get install sudo -y"

Do I need to do anything else after it, edit users or something like this?

You need to install the sudo package:

Hi,

is there really need to install sudo?

Or will it work with:
"curl -LsS https://r.mariadb.com/downloads/mariadb_repo_setup | bash -s -- --mariadb-server-version=10.11"
instead of
"curl -LsS https://r.mariadb.com/downloads/mariadb_repo_setup | sudo bash -s -- --mariadb-server-version=10.11"

?

When you have escalated your privilegs to root with "su", you do not need to add "sudo" to further commands, because all are executed as root anyway.

Without sudo everything worked. The websites already show the new version of mariadb 10.6, but plesk shows still 10.3 ?

Did you run step 10 from the instructions?

10 Execute the following commands to update package version inside Plesk:
# plesk bin service_node --update local
# plesk sbin packagemng -sdf

Yes, I did both steps

After "# plesk bin service_node --update local" I got the message:

"The service node 'local' was successfully updated."

After "plesk sbin packagemng -sdf" there was no message.

Yes, this shows correct version 10.6.15.

Ah, I found it. In Plesk -> database server there is an "Update" button. After pressing it, it now shows correct version, too.

Back