• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Upgrading 9->11 Gene6 accounts migrating ?

Chuck Verc

New Pleskian
Hi,
I'd like to know if there is something that I'll need to do to keep my ftp accounts working.
I'm using Plesk 9 and will be upgrading to 11 now that SimpleDNS is supported. Although I am loosing support for Gene6Ftp.

So, will my Gene6Ftp accounts be migrated to IIS 7.x FTP once I finalize the upgrade process ?

Thanks

What about switching from Gene6 to IIS before upgrade?

Sure no problem, is there some kind of automated way to do this ?
If I go into Plesk 9, Server components, if I switch to Ms Ftp Service, will Plesk recreate all the accounts ?
Thanks

As for me - I've upgraded from PP 9.5.4 with Gene6 v3.10.0.2 to 11.5.30 and all FTP accounts were saved and access to directories works.

Back