• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrading between servers and 6.0 to 7.5.3

A

Aristotle

We currently have a license with version 6.0 and quite a few domains on the server with the 6.0 license. (Over 100).

We have purchased a more powerful server and we're having Plesk 7.5.3 installed on the machine.

Question: What's the best way to make the transfer?

I know there is the migration feature in 7.5+ .. .so I assume I just log into 7.5.3 and put in the appropriate information for the 6.0 server's login and then go through the migration process. However, we have another server with 7.5.3 installed (not the one we're migrating to) .. and out of curiousity I explored the "migration feature" but didn't even see the pull-down menu option to select the CP to migrate from. Shouldn't I see that?

Assuming I can figure out the migration, am I better off just copying the entire drive off the current 6.0 server, moving it to one of the two drives on the new server (obviously not the drive with plesk 7.5.3 installed) and using the "import" feature instead of the migration?

I would have to migrate like 60-70gigs of data over. Would seem to me it might be quicker to compress it, move it over onto the new server's non PSA drive via a dump and use the import.

Any suggestions on the best way to move the old data into the new system and upgraded PSA?

Thanks in advance!

Hmm.. but I specifically thought that the migration tool allowed for migrating over earlier versions of plesk.

I suppose I can get three temp licenses from the sales team at swsoft and do the ugprades that way.

Back