• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrading Debian 3.1 to 4.0

H

Hal9000

Hello!
Right now I got Plesk 8.2 on Debian 3.1
I am going to upgrade to Debian 4.0 this weekend.
I will change sarge to etch in the sources.list file for plesk (and the debian sources of course).
Will it work? Anyone wants to share their experiences?
thanks
hal

Originally posted by Hal9000
Hello!
Right now I got Plesk 8.2 on Debian 3.1
I am going to upgrade to Debian 4.0 this weekend.
I will change sarge to etch in the sources.list file for plesk (and the debian sources of course).
Will it work? Anyone wants to share their experiences?
thanks
hal

Upgrade to 8.2.0, then update your /etc/apt/sources.list to mention etch and dist-upgrade.

Some issues I noticed:

PSA wouldn't start, wouldn't give helpful errors.
Starting with "/opt/psa/admin/bin/httpsdctl start"
manually gave me the error, which was in relation to the 8.1.1 license not working on 8.2.0
Modules were missing from apache, this caused PHP and a few others to no longer work, added these with a2enmod.

All working fine now. As usual your milage may vary, have a test machine that you can start with sarge, install plesk, migrate a domain (a large troublesome domain) to the testbox using the migration manager, upgrade to 8.2, dist-upgrade, fix problems and test your troublesome domain.

Should all be fine.

updated from debian 3.1 to 4.0 with no problems...

but i can't use postgresql 8.1, tomcat 5.5, it looks like plesk does not support this new versions ...

I upgraded Plesk8.1.1 to Plesk8.2 then tried to dist-upgrade after adding PSA to my /etc/apt/sources.list.

I keep getting the following error:
E: Couldn't configure pre-depend psa-8.2.0 for psa-api-rpc, probably a dependency cycle.

any ideas?

Sort of figured it out... much bashing and everything appears to work. Still some small errors. But nothing not fixable.

i had to uninstall the psa packages because of dependency problems.
but not that bad, everything was working for the clients except the plesk cp being down a bit...
after i finished the upgrade i installed plesk from the autoinstaller script and it worked without problems.
i am having problems with postgresql and tomcat though, which fortunatelly are features that arent being used by any clients... but i want to fix them anyhow :)
hal

Hi Hal9000,
i need some help as i'm trying to dist-upgrade to etch aka Debian 4.

My situation:
- Plesk 8.2
- Debian 3.1
- MySQL 4.1
- PHP 4.3

Everything works fine. Now I changed my sources.list to match all etch sources. I get the same error which kassah mentioned in his post: E: Couldn't configure pre-depend psa-8.2.0 for psa-api-rpc, probably a dependency cycle.

Can u plz tell me which packages I need to uninstall and later on reinstall so that i can get thru the dist-upgrade?

Greetz

Jens

hal9000,
I never really found one single problem. I kinda bashed at it till I fixed it. (with lots of prayer). I finally braved upgrading my second server. I first used the updater to upgrade Plesk to 8.2.1, and I'm now doing the dist-upgrade. (which according to the packages it touches, doesn't seem to mess with any of the psa packages, thank god).

Back