1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Upgrading MySQL And Using x64 Version

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by JustinK101, Dec 19, 2007.

1. JustinK101

JustinK101 Guest

Hello,

I just did a fresh install of Plesk 8.2 on windows 2003 standard x64.

I want to upgrade MySQL to the newest version and also use the 64 bit version of MySQL.

I went to MySQL.com and downloaded the newest version of MySQL x64 and installed it.

How can I tell/upgrade Plesk to use the 64 bit version I installed in: C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0 instead of the default 32 bit version in: C:\Program Files (x86)\SWsoft\Plesk\MySQL? Then I want to uninstall/remove the old MySQL version in the plesk folder.

Thanks for the help.

2. Bender

Bender Guest

Hi,

You need to register this instance of MySql server at Plesk: Plesk -> Server -> Database servers -> Add

3. JackL

JackL Guest

Download ZIP (without installer package) and replace %plesk_dir%\Databases\MySQL folder (except Data folder), also if necessary (while upgrading from 4 to 5 ) run upgrade script to fix privileges

John S.G.