• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrading PHP53 on Plesk 10.4.4

MiguelG

Basic Pleskian
Hello, right now i'm using PHP53 provided by Plesk repos (installed using Plesk panel updater) but cause i'm using CentOS 5.7 the libxml2 library is very outdated and it's causing serious bugs with PHP5.3. AFAIK there is no way to update libxml2 using Plesk so i think that the easiest way to solve this is to use a third party repo like Atomic.

Now the problem is that there is no documentation about how to do this, i've found this document: http://kb.parallels.com/en/111630 but this is for Plesk 9.5.4 and i'm wondering if it could be valid for Plesk 10.4.4. I've tried downgrading from PHP53 to PHP using the Plesk panel but it doesn't work:

ERROR: Can't find solution for 'obsolete_mode_solution for php53-cli' of dummy_masterpackage_for_dependency-1.2.3.
Not all packages were installed.
Please resolve this issue and try installing the packages again.
If you cannot resolve the issue on your own, contact product technical support for assistance.

so i must stay with PHP53 for the moment. So, my question is, how can i upgrade PHP53 provided by Plesk to a most recent version using the Atomic repo and this way, get an updated libxml2 library?

Many thanks in advance,

Last edited:
Run these commands and try again with the autoinstaller:
Code:
rpm -e php53-cli-5.3.3-5.el5 --nodeps
rpm -e php53-5.3.3-5.el5 --nodeps

Back