• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrading Plesk 8.6 to latest 10.x

VVasilis

New Pleskian
Hello.
I'm running psa v8.6.0_build86090811.11 os_Debian 4.0 on Linux 2.6.26-2-amd64 and i've deciced it's about time to upgrade to the latest 10.x version.

I've executed the panel_preupgrade_checker and except some minor-non critical issues, the system is reported ok.

I know the first step will be to take a system wide backup. How should i proceed after that? Should i execute the install script and upgrade through that, or perfom a system wipe and re-install from scratch? Please keep in mind that it is a production server and downtime should be kept at minimum. Will the data (files, databases, customers etc) automatically be migrated to the latest version or a backup restore will be required?

Has anyone attempted this before and encountered critical issues?

Btw is there any way the verify the integrity of the backup before starting the procedure?

I just wanna be prepared.
Thanks in advance.

Debian 4 is not supported by Plesk 10. Therefore I suggest you perform migration to new Plesk 10 server installed to modern supported OS.

Thanks Igor for your quick response.

I wonder why the pre-upgrade script did not report any issue about this ...

[2012-05-14 02:22:31][INFO] ==> Detect system configuration
[2012-05-14 02:22:31][INFO] OS: Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 \n \l
[2012-05-14 02:22:31][INFO] Arch: x86_64

Since there isn't another server available at my disposal to make a server to server migration possible, i have to make this happen using the same server. So, what i have so far is, keep a full server backup, format the server, install CentOS, install Plesk and then perform a backup restore. Correct?

Is the 8.6 backup file compatible with 10.x or i have to use a convertor? I think i read somewhere about converting 8.x to 9.x and afterwards converting 9.x to 10.x . But i also remember reading something about loading the 8.x backup through a migration option in 10.x . Could you point out the proper way?

Are there any link to KB articles on how to proceed?
Thanks again for your valued input on this matter.

Back