1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Upgrading to 9.2.3 from 8.0

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by rihad, Dec 10, 2009.

1. rihad

rihad Guest

Hello,

Is a one step upgrade using /usr/local/psa/bin/autoinstaller from "Plesk 8.0" to the latest "Parallels Plesk Panel 9.2.3" supported? Could I risk trying it? OS: Debian 3.1

Thanks.

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Yes, you can run autoinstaller and perform upgrade to latest version of Plesk. Plesk 9.2.3 can be installed to Debian 3.1

3. rihad

rihad Guest

Thank you, IgorG, I just tried upgrading to 9.2.3 through autoinstaller but got this error right away:

Please help, the upgrade is pretty urgent because our key has stopped working with Plesk 8.0, we can't do any account prolongations, and our clients are complaining.

4. rihad

rihad Guest

Please help me, upgrading to 9.2.3 fails with the error above.
    Or at least tell me how I can continue using Plesk 8.0.1 with the current key without upgrading it.

5. rihad

rihad Guest

Our 3 year old PSA_8.0.1/plesk-8.0.1-deb3.1-i386.inf3 has the setting bit that autoinstaller looks for:
    but PSA_9.2.3/plesk-9.2.3-deb3.1-i386.inf3 doesn't:
    :(

6. rihad

rihad Guest

Come on, guys, this is very serious :( Maybe I should first fetch the brand new autoinstaller that knows the new *.inf3 format? Maybe I should first upgrade to an intermediary version before jumping to 9.2.3 (this is normally required when upgrading from a distant version in some other places). To which version, then? Please help.

7. IgorG

24%
    I can only suggest you try to upgrade to 8.6.0 version first.

8. rihad

rihad Guest

Same thing:
    Please help. Isn't auto installer part of your Plesk framework? Why is it looking for a missing attribute then? Maybe there's a newer version of it I can try?

9. IgorG

24%
    I have not found any mentions about this error in our internal resources. Very strange. Maybe you have corrupted /etc/apt/sources.list file?

On our test server I see following:

10. rihad

rihad Guest

Not really, it's all ok, and autoinstaller doesn't even reach the stage where it changes sources.list. Please take a look at this posting once again, and please note the error autoinstaller generates:

11. IgorG

24%
  12. rihad

rihad Guest

I've downloaded and unpacked psa_9.2.3-debian3.1.build93091016.15_i386.deb.tar.gz as you suggested. How do I upgrade it? There doesn't seem to be an upgrade script or some such. Just a bunch of *.deb files.

13. rihad

rihad Guest

There's this package dist-deb-Debian-3.1-i386/opt/updater/psa-autoinstaller_3.5.0-090817.16_i386.deb in Plesk 9.2.3 distro. What if I install only it on top of the old one, and then carry out the upgrade through it as before?

14. IgorG

24%
    Do you have any file like /root/.autoinstallerrc or /.autoinstallerrc ?
    Also I can suggest you following method - http://kb.odin.com/en/5587

15. rihad

rihad Guest

No.

Can I instead try to upgrade only the autoinstaller from 9.2.3, and let it drive the rest of the upgrade process? It's a lot simpler. I don't thinkg your suggestion would work because 8.0's autoinstaller would still be looking for the apt_repository attribute, which is now missing in your *.inf3 files.

P.S.: this detention period while my posting is being moderated is just driving me nuts :(

16. IgorG

24%
    Did you tried 9.2.3 autoinstaller?

17. rihad

rihad Guest

Yes, installing 9.2.3's auto installer first allowed me to start the upgrade. It's almost finished, I think, sa-learn has been taking 100% CPU load for 10-15 minutes or so:
    Is this expected?

Meanwhile I managed to log in as admin, but I still get this error:
    The Key number is plsk.00000000.0000.
    Where did our working key go? How do I reenable it? I don't think we have a copy of it. Both "Retrieve keys" and "Roll back key" buttons are grayed out. Please help.

18. IgorG

24%
    License key from Plesk 8.x is not compatible with Plesk 9.x and should be upgraded. Please contact your sales representative regarding this question.