• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrading To Percona Server in Plesk 11.5

Slavik

Basic Pleskian
Hi Guys,

Firstly, thankyou very much for getting this added in. Being able to upgrade to Percona has so many advantages.

So I went ahead and did the following. However, it feels somewhat incomplete. Eg, The Plesk Updater will show that mysql is not installed and needs to be, plesk won't check for Percona updates either.

Are there any additional steps I should take.

1) service mysqld stop
2) Dumped databases (for backups in case)
3) yum list installed | grep mysql
4) rpm -e --nodeps mysql.x86_64
5) rpm -e --nodeps mysql-server.x86_64
6) rpm -e --nodeps mysql-libs.x86_64
7) rpm -Uhv http://www.percona.com/downloads/percona-release/percona-release-0.0-1.x86_64.rpm
8) yum install Percona-Server-client-55 Percona-Server-server-55 Percona-Server-devel-55
9) service mysql start
10) mysqlcheck -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` --all-databases --check-upgrade --auto-repair

Now percona is running, and everything seems correct. Apart from the aforementioned problems.

Also note the rpm -e --nodeps commands rather than the yum remove command being used, this is because you cannot simply upgrade to percona as they conflict, you need to remove mysql first, but doing it with yum remove will wipe out all the packages listing it as a dependency also.

Cheers

However, it feels somewhat incomplete. Eg, The Plesk Updater will show that mysql is not installed and needs to be, plesk won't check for Percona updates either.

Weird. Wasn't that way for me. Could you post a screenshot of components list in the Parallels Installer and output of:

# rpm -q --whatprovides mysql-server

Weird. Wasn't that way for me. Could you post a screenshot of components list in the Parallels Installer and output of:

Percona-Server-server-55-5.5.32-rel31.0.549.rhel5

Screenie

2013_07_28_09_38_18_Parallels_Installer.png

Ah, I see. You need to remove plesk-mysql package from the system. It should be safe and require no additional dependencies to be removed.

Ah, I see. You need to remove plesk-mysql package from the system. It should be safe and require no additional dependencies to be removed.

Aha, perfect! I thought I had already done that, hence why I was confused as to why it was showing in the updater.

Cheers.

Last edited:
I was trying upgrade my Plesk 11.5 on Ubuntu 12 64bit to percona-mysql. However, After I do the upgrade, Plesk will not allow me to add customer/webspace. It will give me nginx bad gateway error. And I could not find out what's going wrong. Any suggestion on where to start looking for errors?

Look at sw-cp-server and Panel logs:

# plesk log error_log
# plesk log panel.log

I Have the same problem like KunL-9 when i checked the log it says:

recv() failed (104: Connection reset by peer) while reading response header from upstream, client: x.x.x.x, server: , request: "GET /admin/subscription/create HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/sw-engine.sock:", host: "x.x.x.x:8443", referrer: "https://x.x.x.x:8443/admin/home/admin"

-------------Any Ideas how to fix it?

Look at sw-cp-server and Panel logs:

# plesk log error_log
# plesk log panel.log

I Have the same problem like KunL-9 when i checked the log it says:

recv() failed (104: Connection reset by peer) while reading response header from upstream, client: x.x.x.x, server: , request: "GET /admin/subscription/create HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/sw-engine.sock:", host: "x.x.x.x:8443", referrer: "https://x.x.x.x:8443/admin/home/admin"

-------------Any Ideas how to fix it?

Back