• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrading tomcat5 to tomcat 5.5

W

webc0der

Okay... I got tomcat5 origianlly with plesk, but I need tomcat5.5, so I downloaded using yum, but it does this after the rpm's are installed...

Trying to establish test connection... connected done Checking for the system groups and users necessary for Tomcat...
Checking for the group 'tomcat'...
Group 'tomcat' already exists

Checking for the user 'tomcat'...
User 'tomcat' already exists

Trying to find JAVA_HOME variable in the /usr/share/tomcat5/conf/tomcat5.conf...
JAVA_HOME variable is already in the /usr/share/tomcat5/conf/tomcat5.conf and has correct value (/usr/lib/jvm/java) Trying to replace TOMCAT_USER variable in the /usr/share/tomcat5/conf/tomcat5.conf... done Making chown and chmod under JDK stuff Trying to set up Tomcat permissions... chmod: cannot access `/usr/share/tomcat5/conf/jk2.properties': No such file or directory

ERROR while trying to chmod tomcat5 file jk2.properties Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/psa-tomcat-configurator_8.2.0_cos4.build82070706.15_installing.070811.15.26.log), fix and try again

Aborting...

error: %trigger(psa-tomcat-configurator-8.2.0-cos4.build82070706.15.noarch) scriptlet failed, exit status 1

any ideas? Before I ran yum update, I verified that the jk2.properties file was in /usr/share/tomcat5, but for some reason when I do yum update, it removes it, and the above error comes up. I would like to get this fixed so I don’t loose my customer. If you can offer a suggestion on what I can do that would be great. Any help would be greatfull!! :)

Thanks
Juston

Came across the same problem. All that's required is to create an empty jk2.properties file in the tomcat5 conf directory and set the group to 'tomcat':

Code:
touch /usr/share/tomcat5/conf/jk2.properties && chgrp tomcat /usr/share/tomcat5/conf/jk2.properties

Then retry the installation (if RPM complains that the package is already installed, just do rpm -e psa-tomcat-configurator and try again).

Good luck.
- Chris

Back