• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrading within 9.x needs SUS now?

Eric Hunter

New Pleskian
Tried to upgrade from 9.3 to 9.5... and that failed due to an expired SUS. I thought if you had the key for 9.x you had ALL 9.x versions?

ALSO, now it's screwed up the key even for 9.3, and no way to roll back the key. Of course, there is no way to contact anyone at Parallels without giving them more money...

Anyone with an idea on fixing this?

As far as I know you can contact your sales representative regarding all license related questions without "giving them more money".

We bought directly, and when I did call I was immediately told to "Buy a support ticket". Which is why my post may sound a little hostile. I figured out how to fix it, and I found a post on another site that states that 9.5 is actually a major version. Usually keys are good for 7.x, 8.x, 9.x, etc... even says that on the site but whatever. I've got things working again. Not impressed at all that the updater would fail due to the major version but then screw up the key on the existing server anyways though.

I believe that any license you purchase comes with 1 year of SUS, otherwise if you purchased the license the SUS expires after one year and you need to then renew the SUS each year.

Back