1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Upgrading Wordpress?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Spazholio@, May 12, 2005.

1. Spazholio@

Spazholio@ Guest

I've purchased the AppVault, and some of my users have expressed a desire to see WordPress get upgraded to 1.5.1. I have the drive, I have the access, I even have the RPM (noarch, built for FC2, my setup) - the only thing I don't have is the knowledge. I looked in the /root/psa/psa.inf file and found the Wordpress line that directs it to the install RPM. I replaced that line with one pointing to a new RPM. No go. What am I missing? Any pointers would be appreciated.

2. editor

editor Guest

http://forum.plesk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23626

# ls -l /root/psa/PSA_7.5.2/FC2_std.updates/

3. Spazholio@

Spazholio@ Guest

I appreciate the rapid response, and have seen that forum before, but it appears to start with someone stating how he could NOT get it to work, followed by a lot of people stating why they didn't use the App Vault.

Also, in regards to the command you told me to type, I already found the WordPress RPM (mine was in /root/psa/PSA_7.5.2/rpm_FedoraCore_2/opt/vault) but that doesn't help me, because when I replace it and tell Plesk in the inf file to use the new one, it doesn't. Any other suggestions? I'd really like to get this working.