• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrading Wordpress?

S

Spazholio@

I've purchased the AppVault, and some of my users have expressed a desire to see WordPress get upgraded to 1.5.1. I have the drive, I have the access, I even have the RPM (noarch, built for FC2, my setup) - the only thing I don't have is the knowledge. I looked in the /root/psa/psa.inf file and found the Wordpress line that directs it to the install RPM. I replaced that line with one pointing to a new RPM. No go. What am I missing? Any pointers would be appreciated.

Originally posted by Spazholio
I've purchased the AppVault, and some of my users have expressed a desire to see WordPress get upgraded to 1.5.1. I have the drive, I have the access, I even have the RPM (noarch, built for FC2, my setup) - the only thing I don't have is the knowledge. I looked in the /root/psa/psa.inf file and found the Wordpress line that directs it to the install RPM. I replaced that line with one pointing to a new RPM. No go. What am I missing? Any pointers would be appreciated.

http://forum.plesk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23626

# ls -l /root/psa/PSA_7.5.2/FC2_std.updates/

I appreciate the rapid response, and have seen that forum before, but it appears to start with someone stating how he could NOT get it to work, followed by a lot of people stating why they didn't use the App Vault.

Also, in regards to the command you told me to type, I already found the WordPress RPM (mine was in /root/psa/PSA_7.5.2/rpm_FedoraCore_2/opt/vault) but that doesn't help me, because when I replace it and tell Plesk in the inf file to use the new one, it doesn't. Any other suggestions? I'd really like to get this working.

Back