• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Upgrading Wordpress?

S

Spazholio@

Guest
I've purchased the AppVault, and some of my users have expressed a desire to see WordPress get upgraded to 1.5.1. I have the drive, I have the access, I even have the RPM (noarch, built for FC2, my setup) - the only thing I don't have is the knowledge. I looked in the /root/psa/psa.inf file and found the Wordpress line that directs it to the install RPM. I replaced that line with one pointing to a new RPM. No go. What am I missing? Any pointers would be appreciated.
 
Originally posted by Spazholio
I've purchased the AppVault, and some of my users have expressed a desire to see WordPress get upgraded to 1.5.1. I have the drive, I have the access, I even have the RPM (noarch, built for FC2, my setup) - the only thing I don't have is the knowledge. I looked in the /root/psa/psa.inf file and found the Wordpress line that directs it to the install RPM. I replaced that line with one pointing to a new RPM. No go. What am I missing? Any pointers would be appreciated.

https://forum.plesk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23626

# ls -l /root/psa/PSA_7.5.2/FC2_std.updates/
 
I appreciate the rapid response, and have seen that forum before, but it appears to start with someone stating how he could NOT get it to work, followed by a lot of people stating why they didn't use the App Vault.

Also, in regards to the command you told me to type, I already found the WordPress RPM (mine was in /root/psa/PSA_7.5.2/rpm_FedoraCore_2/opt/vault) but that doesn't help me, because when I replace it and tell Plesk in the inf file to use the new one, it doesn't. Any other suggestions? I'd really like to get this working.
 
Back
Top