• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue URGENT - All my Wordpress websites are gone

Charlotte Oswald

New Pleskian
Hello all,
I will try to make this brief.
I have not used plesk a lot before, and a client has asked me to clone one of their subdomains.
I thought the best way to do that, was to create the subdomain, and then "install" Wordpress onto it. However, I did not know that installing Wordpress would remove Wordpress off all the other website - notably the main domain. (http://smg-portal.com) if you visit this website, you will notice that I receive an error. I visit the settings page on Plesk, and noticed that Wordpress was no longer on there. So I used a test subdomain that was already on there (My CMS – Just another WordPress site) and installed Wordpress on there. That worked, however, it was a brand new version of Wordpress, with no pages whatsoever. If I use this method to restore the other websites, will I lose ALL my previous content? I cannot afford to mess up that big, as I have a terrible feeling I've lost all other websites now! Is there a way I can get the old websites back with Wordpress and everything? I did not back up because I didn't think Plesk would screw me this bad! Urgent help is appreciated please!

If it helps, I checked the databases on plesk and they seem to be Wordpress tables. However, next to the name of the table I see the option : assign to website. Does that mean its not assigned? I am afraid to click or change anything at this point as I cannot lose this website.

Back