• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

[URGENT] big mistake ?

kadoudal

Regular Pleskian
I believe I did BIG mistake... trying to install Proftpd on my server, I read in the log the following lines :
the following packages will be deleted :
libpam-plesk psa psa-api psa-api-rpc psa-awstats-configurator psa-horde
psa-hotfix3 psa-hotfix4 psa-hotfix5 psa-imp psa-ingo psa-kronolith
psa-locale-fr-fr psa-mimp psa-mnemo psa-passwd psa-proftpd psa-proftpd-inetd
psa-turba psa-updates
I could not stop the process... until I wa asked if I wanted to keep my current version... answered YES
tehn..
--------- IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR XINETD USERS ----------
The following line will be added to your /etc/inetd.conf file:

ftp stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/proftpd

If you are indeed using xinetd, you will have to convert the
above into /etc/xinetd.conf format, and add it manually. See
/usr/share/doc/xinetd/README.Debian for more information.
then it ended with :
`/usr/share/proftpd/templates/welcome.msg' -> `/home/ftp/welcome.msg.proftpd-new'
ProFTPd warning: cannot start neither in standalone nor in inetd/xinetd mode. Check your configuration.

Now I cannot restart my Plesk console..
before doing more silly things , I prefer ask you, what should I do now... ?

thanks for your help

Well .. I realized that the package psa was drop out... so I reinstalled (and upgraded to 9.1)
everything back to usual business....
whatever I still wonder why some package installers like (Proftpd) just wipe out the psa package ...
this said, 9.1 console is nice !

Back