• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue [URGENT] NodeJS Application Root Change Error 500

daniiii_e

Basic Pleskian
I tried to set the Application Root in the NodeJS Settings of a Domain but then i get a Error 500.
This is happening since Version 18.0.30
I can reproduce this on a new Server. Other Users also report this issue.

Could be related to the remove of:
Dropped support for the File Sharing feature. File Sharing is no longer available in Plesk Obsidian by default.

Request URL:
/modules/nodejs/index.php/domain/change-application-path/site_id/

Extension:

Error:
Class 'CommonPanel_Validate_FileSharing_FolderName' not found
TypeError
MessageClass 'CommonPanel_Validate_FileSharing_FolderName' not found
FileDomainController.php
Line210

Screenshot:
1600551407443.png

Unimportant:

Hi i migrated the Domain from a other Plesk Server.
It did not copied the NodeJS Config correctly.

Last edited:
I created a new Plesk Server and installed 18.0.29 and it worked. Then i upgraded to 18.0.30 and then it does not work anymore.

We have already submitted bugreport EXTNODEJS-128 regarding this issue. Developers are working on it. Fix will be included in the one of nearest Plesk update.

We have already submitted bugreport EXTNODEJS-128 regarding this issue. Developers are working on it. Fix will be included in the one of nearest Plesk update.

Today there was the Release of Update 1 and the fix is not included. I think your Team does not understand the importance of the Problem.
We use Several NodeJS Servers on our servers, and we are not able to run them, because of that Bug.

The Problem exists since 6 Days!
For me this i a nogo.

I have the same problem.
But I was able to set Document Root and Application Root.
In my case, I use Quasar framework with SSR.
When you set the Document Root to ....../dist/ssr/www the Application Root is automatically set to the parent folder ....../dist/ssr, which is ok in my case

Anyone able to resolve this or change app root manually? Let me know please. Thanks.
One workaround for this problem is to run nodejs application directly on the server and access the application with public ip of the server.

I am having such a difficult time just getting the basic node app going on my server.. I had it working a week or so ago but now its hanging up on me when I try to start the app using the run script tab.

Anyone able to get node app going that can give me some help please?

Lucky for me this was the first time I was going to use node on my Media Temple DVS and it was for testing purposes, but this is no joke.
I can't even imagine the trouble this is creating for anyone with multiple clients running on node.js

Tested and Verified.
Below solution will resolved this problem.

@luisjoserivera Thank you so much.

Server Details:
  • Product: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.30 Update #1

Back