1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Urgent Please...plesk

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by alessandro, Aug 19, 2005.

1. alessandro

alessandro Guest

Hello Everyone.....

I did buy a new server and i am configuring it....so, i did create a new account and registered the new domain and is ok at the internet to be view the address and i did upload the files to the server ftp. But, when i am going to the address: http://www.cybchat.com that is the new domain, the server is asking for a login and password and i have the normal index file there, so, what can to be it and how to fix it please guys!

thank you very much.

2. MattR@

MattR@ Guest

We've found this bug several times, usually renaming the domain to something else in preferences and naming it back will fix it.

Matt

3. alessandro

alessandro Guest

return

Hello,

thanks for your message, but i am using the SO Windows with plesk for windows. So, how can i to do it from remote access for windows with plesk 7.5.4?

thank you

4. MattR@

MattR@ Guest

Re: return

This is all done through the Control Panel interface, Click on Preferences and change the domain name, then change it back, and this usually solves it.

Matt

5. cybernova

cybernova Guest

reset the ftp password ..that should fix it :)

6. swarm

swarm Guest

you need install last hotfix from sw-soft from http://download1.sw-soft.com/Plesk/Autoupdate/plesk7.5.4_hotfix050803.15.msp

and then reconfigure your IIS with following from command prompt:
    cd %plesk_bin%
    websrvmng.exe --remove-all
    websrvmng.exe --reconfigure-all

this commands save me a lot of times
    but if you have a lot of domains it will take much time and cause sites downtime

so magic keys for websrvmng.exe as follow:

websrvmng.exe --remove-vhost --vhost-name=domain.com
    websrvmng.exe --reconfigure-vhost --vhost-name=domain.com

7. alessandro

alessandro Guest

Yesssssssssssss

Hello,

i did fix it:
    The site is working normally for now. The IIS user created for this site has a password which was different from what the metabase had. I reset the password and reentered it into IIS which then allows the anonymous user to authenticate properly when connecting.

Anyway, thank you for your help.