• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Urgent: Reconfigurator and MSSQL 2005 Errors

M

MuratC

Hello,

Yesteday, I've upgraded Plesk 9.5 to 10. My problem was on 9.5 and I hope that it will fixed when I upgrade 10 but it is still continue. My server is Windows 2008 Standard.

I executed Plesk Reconfigurator -> Check component and folder permissions on Plesk 9.5.
It finished without problem. But, when I reboot machine, MSSQL will down. Errors are:

Unable to open the physical file "C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\Databases\MSSQL\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\database.mdf". Operating system error 5.

Cannot access the specified path or file on the server. Verify that you have the necessary security privileges and that the path or file exists.

It never come back if I didn't delete tempdb.mdf and templog.dlf in C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\Databases\MSSQL\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data and after I recreate MSSQL database / user and dumb data in it.

I really tried to do this and I need a fix for this.
Does anyone have same problem or any advice for fix this issue without reinstall whole system.

Thanks now.

This happens because Network Service account does not have necessary rights to access databases folder C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\Databases\MSSQL\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\
This account is included into "psacln" group that is denied full access to this folder by Parallels Plesk Panel security design.

There are actually two ways to fix such sort of problems:
- either grant Network Service access to DATA folder.
- start SQLSERVER as a local system account

Back