• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Usability issues

Amin Taheri

Golden Pleskian
Plesk Certified Professional
Most if not all of these I reported during the beta phase, and are still issues despite being told they would fix them.
For shame!

All these links go to the same page - Server Settings
- Server Settings
- Change Hostname
- Interface Preferences
- Restrict Creation of Subzones
- Settings of Server Statistics

There should not be that many links to the same page. Either get rid of these additional links or make the pages they take you to specialized just for the purpose listed in the link name.

Same issue with these links - they all go to the same page - Server wide Mail preferences

-Mail Server Settings
-Virus Protection Settings
-Select WebMail

When on the Database Hosting Preferences page and you click OK you are taken to the DB Server page. Expected behavior is to have it take you back to the Main Settings page.

Where is the interface template section in the Interface Management link?

The Virtual Host Template is kind of a joke - unless it actually lets you set folders and edit properties its practically useless for the common person.

For example, lets say I want to change the 404 page in error_docs. It should give me a file editor option when I click on error_docs and navigate to the file.

If I want to add a custom default html file, I cant manage that either. If I want to create a new directory, cant do that either.

I can however upload an archive file - what ever that entails - but no where does it exist the functionality to download the archive file to modify it in order to upload what you want, so again, another worthless option.

Also, all of our custom pages were deleted and now get a 404.

It is also a terrible site to load up on dial up.. I had to do that yesterday from a clients place.. SLOW!

on broadband it's not so clunky, but yea.. dialup.. wow...

Back