• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

use of add-on domain

JohanSki

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

Let's say I create a new domain/webspace www.first.com, then in this same webspace I can create a second domain www.second.com.

I was wondering what the exact purpose of this construction is. Is it meant to 1) "bundle" all websites from 1 person/company into the same webspace? Or 2) to acces 1 website through different URLs.

Example @1):

John has a website about cars, a website about flowers and a personal blog (so 3 websites in total). Now do I use 1 webspace to "bundle" John's websites? (Or do I use 3 seperate webspaces?)

Example @2):

John has a website about cars. He wants to offer the site in his local language and in English with both their own URL. Is this where we use 1 webspace? For example www.johnscars.fr forwards to the French version where www.johnscars.com forwards to the English version?

Can someone please explain what the purpose is of multiple domains in 1 webspace?

Back