• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Use old Php 5.x Features on Php 7.4

grazer75

New Pleskian
Hi,
for a migration we need to move a Joomla 1.5 site with Php 5.x installed
i tried the options from
and set Php 7.4.28 and additional options
Code:
xcache.cacher on
safe mode off
register_globals off
magic_quotes_gpc on

but a error like

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function set_magic_quotes_runtime() in /var/www/vhosts/web1592.webbox444.server-home.org/html/copyshop/includes/framework.php:46 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/vhosts/myhostingxxx/html/myhomepage/index.php(47): require_once() #1 {main} thrown in /var/www/vhosts/myhostingxxx/html/myhomepage/includes/framework.php on line 46
shows up :oops:
and the second site shows
HTTP ERROR 500

but both in preview, so i don`t know if they go live if it could work or not.

Any ideas or changes to have it running with php 7.4 and this options or additonal others?

set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated since PHP 7.4. If you have set your PHP version to 7.4. or new, your website will not work. The description in the knowledge base article is not related to your specific issue. You need a PHP version <7.4 for your website. The PHP version can be selected using the "PHP" icon in your Plesk panel.

set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated since PHP 7.4. If you have set your PHP version to 7.4. or new, your website will not work. The description in the knowledge base article is not related to your specific issue. You need a PHP version <7.4 for your website. The PHP version can be selected using the "PHP" icon in your Plesk panel.
Hmm even with 7.1.33 i get a error 500 :/

According to Joomla 1.5 it is only working up to 5.3 PHP and maybe 5.6 but this is a security risk.
So no chance to get the site running at all or?
Not even with additional php parameters?

Have you checked the log file what the true reason for the 500 error is? It could be something different. Very common for example is that in the Joomla .htaccess file you have the "FollowSymLinks" option which must be renamed to "SymLinksIfOwnerMatch" if you have the symlink protection on in the web hosting settings.

Have you checked the log file what the true reason for the 500 error is? It could be something different. Very common for example is that in the Joomla .htaccess file you have the "FollowSymLinks" option which must be renamed to "SymLinksIfOwnerMatch" if you have the symlink protection on in the web hosting settings.
Hi, which log file should i look according this?

i tried /var/log/apache2/error.log and /var/www/vhosts/ i could not find any logs

/var/www/vhosts/system/domain.com/logs/error_log

Please check if the log_errors setting is enabled in the PHP Settings of the subscription.

Check the logs of the domain, not the server logs. You could for example simply click the "log" icon in Plesk or you could find them in /var/www/vhosts/<subscripition>/logs

Check the logs of the domain, not the server logs. You could for example simply click the "log" icon in Plesk or you could find them in /var/www/vhosts/<subscripition>/logs
in /var/www/vhosts/ subscription/logs i can see the directories but no logs yet (there are empty all)
log = in german i guess you mean Protokolle

and here i see only

2022-03-18 12:30:59Error127.0.0.1500GET / HTTP/1.0
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/99.0.4844.74 Safari/537.36
195Apache-Zugriff
2022-03-18 12:31:02Error127.0.0.1500GET / HTTP/1.0
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/99.0.4844.74 Safari/537.36
195Apache-Zugriff
2022-03-18 12:33:59Error127.0.0.1500GET / HTTP/1.0
195Apache-Zugriff

nothing else really :/

You seem to be looking into the wrong log file(s). There is always a reason for an error 500. Normally you'd look into /var/www/vhosts/<subscription>/logs/error_log. If there is not such file, you can check /var/www/vhosts/system/<domain name>/logs/error_log.

Also, have you checked that the Joomla .htaccess file does not contain FollowSymLinks, but that this expression has been changed to SymLinksIfOwnerMatch?

Joomla 1.5 will not run with PHP 7.x, regardless of the configuration options you set.
You would need to fiddle with the Joomla code, in order to get that working.

PHP 5.6 on the other hand works just fine for Joomla 1.5 - and no, it will not really make this site more insecure than using a more modern PHP version.
If you are on Ubuntu or Debian, you can use the Repo of deb.sury.org to install PHP 5.6
This one contains backported bugfixes from newer PHP versions (like the very serious FPM vulerability), so in that regards you are quite save....I would be more concerned about running this Joomla 1.5 itself, than PHP

Joomla 1.5 will not run with PHP 7.x, regardless of the configuration options you set.
You would need to fiddle with the Joomla code, in order to get that working.

PHP 5.6 on the other hand works just fine for Joomla 1.5 - and no, it will not really make this site more insecure than using a more modern PHP version.
If you are on Ubuntu or Debian, you can use the Repo of deb.sury.org to install PHP 5.6
This one contains backported bugfixes from newer PHP versions (like the very serious FPM vulerability), so in that regards you are quite save....I would be more concerned about running this Joomla 1.5 itself, than PHP
is your version suggestion different then this? "ppa:eek:ndrej/php"

You mean maybe this source (Maintainer: Debian PHP Maintainers)
Correct?

Back