• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

use the clients list in PSA MySQL?

wickedwebsites

Basic Pleskian
Hi ya,

I am looking to use my client list and password information so i can integrate a front end system.

I cannot find the password info for my clients, and, if i want to connect to the PSA database to use my clients will it be my root details or how do i find out what my database username and password is.

Thanks in advance

Drew

The username is located in psa.clients. The field name is 'login'. The password for that client is referenced by the field account_id also in psa.clients. That ID is a reference to the psa.accounts table. The password is stored in a field of the name 'password'.

Don't forget to check the client status to make sure they are able to login and not disabled and you may have to use the psa.accounts type field (if the value is anything other than 'plain') to decrypt or encrypt/compare the password submitted by the user.

You will need to access the psa table with your admin details unless you created another account that has permissions to that table.

Hi,

Thank you for that, Ok so i found the table and the admin details to connect,

so, the username is in clients, which then refers to the accounts table, via the account_id field...

how can i tell how the password is encoded?

Can anyone point me in the direction of creating a PHP script that simply:

Connect to database,
check username, find account id

connect to account
find account id, check password

thanks

Back