• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved User can not manage tasks from ssh

python

Regular Pleskian
How to create a user to manage tasks scheduled from ssh, having permission only for this task.

I use plesk 12 with centos7, already create a user account assigning a new role with the permission to manage tasks but I can not create it via ssh tells me that it does not have permission, instead from the plesk panel if I let it create it.

Or allow the system user (that of the website subscription) can manage the tasks, since it can connect through ssh but not use the crontab command

The user want it only for this task to manage scheduled tasks is more only will do this function.

Last edited:
I think this cannot be done in the chrooted environment, because it would require access beyond the chrooted jail.

What option do I have so that a user can manage crontab from ssh commands?

Or another alternative I need is to create dynamically scheduled tasks.

... You can allow the users ...

No, this won't work. This will not "allow" users, it wil "restrict" users. If the files described in that article exist, access to crontab is limited to the users listed in them. This is not a valid method to make crontab available in the chrooted shell.

I need the apache user to manage the cron jobs created in plesk, is there no way to allow this?

Only if your hosting provider has an unsafe environment, e.g. allows to execute scripts from /tmp partition on behalf of root or Apache. Else, no, there is no way.

Back