• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

user & group issues

O

obeone

When installing a new Joomla component, user and group are set to appache, as opposed to the proper user & group. How to correct this issue????

Hi Obeone,

I have the same problem exactly as you.

I have a server dedicated at ovh.com provided with Fedora + plesk and nobody helps me.

My configuration:

Fedora + plesk
Apache 2
Php 5

You found a solution?

@+

I have been dealing with this issue for a while now. It is a user/group issue. suPHP will fix this issue. I have not installed it yet.

You can also access your files using the Joomla component joomXplorer. It logs in as apache/apache, where your ftp accesses your file system as user/pascln.

This issue really is a pain.

As obeone said, the solution is mod_suPHP. In our guide (see signature) will help you to install and also Power Toys will help you to manage it from PLESK.
It was tested specially on Joomla, Info At Hand, but will work also for picture galleries, or any other solution where you have a lot of file uploads.

Back