1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

User Group Permissions.

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by jamzyamz, Apr 5, 2006.

1. jamzyamz

jamzyamz Guest

I am moving some sites to a new server running plesk 8.0

Every time I try to run a script (wordpress) that needs to create a directory, or if I want to update a theme from within the admin of a script, it can perform the operation because it doesn't have permission.

The user is correct but still it doesn't have rights. if I change user to apache it works.

A guy helped me with it a bit earlier but couldn't find a solution. I can't find a solution anywhere either. Maybe suexec, or phpsuexec?

Any help is appreciated, as I would hate to have to chmod files all day long for simple edits the script should be allowed to do.

Thanks

2. jgaris

jgaris Guest

We have similar problems since upgrading to 8.0. I would like to see if someone can address this issue.