• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

User permission problem after upgrade

I

icanne

We have a big issue after upgrading to 8.6 (or 8.4, we don't know)

every time we create a domain under plesk or we change password in general configuration (same as principal ftp account), users IWAM_user (where user is principal user configured on plesk or principal ftp user account) and web user are lost in folders security, they dissappeared

when we go to browser to open web, it ask us for login and password

then we access to server by terminal and put users again on folders, we go again to plesk and change password to domain and users are erased again from folders, so web does not work

excuse me for my english, i'm spanish

Thanks

Hello,

We experienced this same issue after installing Patch to upgrade 8.6.0.1.

Nor Plesk check component & folder permissions nor Plesk correct disk permissions worked.

We corrected it deleting (well, first backed up) the file named ".Security" that you can find in the root folder of every domain (for example, "/inetpub/vost/mydomain.com/.Security", and later, through Plesk control panel, go to domain list and check every domain where you are having problems, and check their permissions.

That worked for us, hope this helps!

Same problem here. Thanks for idea BakArdY, that fixed problem, but it's still pain to fix that. And how long will this problem be unaddressed by developers?

Hi GARMTECH,

Happy to hear that it worked for you.

When a new Plesk version or patch is released we wait for some weeks or months, and watching forum messages and fixes, in order to have an idea of what can happen... but in spite of being so careful, we always got surprised by some kind of problem, usually in windows servers (Linux seems to be more stable).

The last became when we updated 8.2 to 8.4 for Windows. It seems that Plesk included SpamAssassin support for hMailServer, and we didn't notice that. Plesk activated this by default, and caused a lots of performance problems in the server until we noticed the change and fixed it...

I hope this will be improved in the future, the product is not bad at all, but nowadays everytime a new version/patch is released it only carries headaches...

Good weekend

Plesk patches and upgrades is a big story. So much nerves lost in restoring work after them. We even have two of our Linux production servers on Plesk 8.2.1 and another one on 7.5.0 because of clients stability requirements. :) We absolutely cannot guarantee or even hope on smooth upgrade. Sad.

Permission

Well I had similar problem.

Thanks for BakArdY, your procedure fixed my problem.

Hope Plesk will solve it quickly and new version will work...

Back