• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Users cannot Schedule Tasks

Revconcept

New Pleskian
TITLE:
Users cannot Schedule Tasks
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
Plesk Onyx
Version 17.0.17 Update #27
Mac OSX 10.10.5
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
Setting up additional users in Plesk, granted permissions...however, the "schedule tasks" permission is not working. They are not able to see the option from their account. Verified with support on my host that this appears to be a bug. Does not matter if the new user is administrator level or another level with the permission activated.​
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
Subscription > Choose Domain >Users Tab > Add/Modify Users > "Create and manage scheduled tasks" set to "Granted" > Login as user, no "Schedule Tasks" options available​
ACTUAL RESULT:
No "Schedule Tasks" options available​
EXPECTED RESULT:
User should be able to "Schedule Tasks"​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Help with sorting out

Support expedited the issue after suggesting I post here - they were able to figure out is was a higher level service plan setting. No bugs, thanks!

Support expedited the issue after suggesting I post here - they were able to figure out is was a higher level service plan setting. No bugs, thanks!
Could you please share their solution here?

Yes, the solution was to go to Service Plans > Default Domain (or whatever service plan the issue subscription is on) > Permissions Tab > Check the box for "Scheduler Management"

So essentially the overall plan that the subscription is on has to be setup from the root control area to allow scheduling...even though the main Plesk user can setup scheduled tasks without that option on - I think that's why it was overlooked. Took over an hour for support to narrow it down.

Back