• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

User's Mail Getting Blocked, not sure how!

C

criticman

A user on my server is signed up on a ListServ and his mail from that account is getting blocked.

At first I thought the downtime between moving servers got him dropped from the list, but we have re-added him and a secondary e-mail account...the secondary account (not on my server) gets the mail just fine, but nothing from it gets to him.

The user gets mail from elsewhere without issue.

I have qmail-scanner, clamav, and spam-assassin running.

Plesk 7.5.4 - full dedicated server (root access if I will need that to fix).

So, how can I see if those messages are indeed getting blocked, why they are getting blocked, and how can I unblock them?

Thanks!

Anyone? I am completely lost on this and really need some guidance.

Are you using MAPS? If so you may wish to see if the ListServ's IP is on any blacklists.

Another option would be to whitelist the ListServ's domain or IP.

MAPS is not enabled or in use.

Any other ideas?

I have whitelisted the address in the user_prefs file for spamassassin in that user's box, but no luck.

Alright, one issue found. In migrating to the new server, psa-spamassassin remained installed.

So, ART's spamassassin AND psa-spamassassin were running.

I have removed psa-spamassassin and removed qmail-scanner.

Then I yum install qmail-scanner to get it reinstalled with spamassassin. Did qmail-scanner-reconfigure and now the qmail-scanner shows that spamassassin is in the config.

So, qmail-scanner is running and the scanners config file shows that spamassassin_scanner, perlscan_scanner, and clamdscan_scanner are running and message headers confirm this.

Not sure yet if the email issue of the client is fixed, so if you have other ideas, please still post!

Have user check for the message on webmail to see if it shows up there. We have had lots of users that use Outlook 2003 and manage to get the spam filters in a such a state as to auto blacklist and then auto delete all of their mail!

If they can see their messages in the webmail interface the issue is definately their client mailer or spam filtering software.

Sorry, I guess I should've mentioned that...

The messages do not appear ANYWHERE, not in webmail, not in Outlook, not in either of these logs:

/var/spool/qmailscan/qmail-queue.log
/var/spool/qmailscan/quarantine.log

Is there any other logs I should check? Or, if not certain, is there a bash command I can use to search any readable file on the server to see if it contains the message subject (mailing list, so has [LISTNAME] in all subjects) ?

Back