• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Using Amazon S3 With Plesk Onyx

Rob McDonald

New Pleskian
Hey, I was wondering if the Amazon S3 extension was going to be available anytime soon. Currently it says is only available for versions 17.8.4 and above. I currently have 17.5.3 and it says this is the most recent version.

I am using the Web Pro license. and would really like to use the Amazon S3 extension.

Thanks, Rob

Hi Rob McDonald,

to use the ( currently ) PREVIEW version of Plesk, you have to change your Update and Upgrade Settings to "Testing release" ( => Plesk Release Tiers ), or you can use the Plesk installer with the following command options ( logged in as user "root" over SSH ):

Code:
plesk installer --all-versions

You might as well being interested in reading

... to inform yourself about the current ( latest ) Plesk versions. :)

I don't have the option you suggested above, "testing release," What I have is "early adopter" "general release" and "late adopter."

Hi Rob McDonald,

I don't have the option you suggested above
ups... my fault...as you can see, the "Testing Release" is only available, when you already installed a testing build:
Testing release

This option is available only if you have installed a testing build. We recommend that you use it only for preview and evaluation purposes because we do not provide technical support for such builds even if they were upgraded to higher tiers. Avoid using this build in a production environment.

Pls. use the above given command line option, to install a testing build. :)

I am new to plesk, so I am guessing that we will eventually get the Amazon S3 extension in later general updates of the software??

Hi Rob McDonald,

we will eventually get the Amazon S3 extension in later general updates of the software?
The current supported version for the Plesk "Amazon S3 Backup" extension is defined as "17.8.4 and up", which indicates with the "up", that there might not be any backported versions in the future.

Hi Rob McDonald,

if I understood you correctly, then you would like to know, if you are able to upgrade to the current Plesk Preview 17.8.4 ?
Then the answer here is: Yes, certainly. Pls. see again : =>
or you can use the Plesk installer with the following command options ( logged in as user "root" over SSH ):
Code:
plesk installer --all-versions

I understand I can install it using the plesk installer command. Is it safe to do this on a production server? And what I was getting at with my previous questions, was that, with the general releases of the plesk software, will 17.8 eventually be released that is not the preview version??

Hi Rob McDonald,

will 17.8 eventually be released that is not the preview version?
Yes, Plesk is going to release the version 17.8 in 2018 ( latest informations are: 1st quarter of 2018 ).

Is it safe to do this on a production server?
Well, it is not recommended by Plesk, but on my test servers ( with supported Ubuntu / Debian and CentOS operating systems ), I had no problems with the upgrade. :)

Back