• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Using CBM causes PSA processes to die

JeremyP

New Pleskian
Hello All,

I've tried to do some searching on this issue without very little luck, so I'm hoping someone else has ran into this issue or perhaps Plesk can assist.

I have Plesk 11.0.9 Update #38 installed on CentOS 6.3 and I recently installed Customer Business Manager and started setting it up. Everything went well during the installation, and when I tried to start configuring it, the entire PSA process would die, so I would get "Connection refused" in my web browser. It doesn't happen immediately, just after browsing around the CBM interface, after a few minutes of hitting different pages, the PSA processes die.

I'll try to provide as much information as I can below. So far, I haven't found a specific page, or function, that is causing it, just clicking around without changing anything, after a while, all of PSA dies.

Looking at the service right after I get "Connection refused" in the browser, the status shows:
psa dead but subsys locked

Just simply starting the service works fine, but eventually it fails again, though keep in mind this is only using CBM pages, if I browse around the normal Plesk admin site everything works fine for days, and again, it doesn't happen just by clicking on any specific page, it's after a few minutes of working with CBM, this happens.

In the log /var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log, I show:
2013-02-26 23:53:46: (server.c.1543) server stopped by UID = 503 PID = 4745
2013-02-26 23:56:09: (log.c.166) server started

The above doesn't appear to be very helpful, and may even be unrelated, because as soon as the issue happened, I was already logged into the server and ran /etc/init.d/psa start, so I don't believe 3 minutes actually passed.

I do not see any other errors on the system, but if anyone has any suggestions of other logs I should check I am open. I've checked /var/log/messages, but no errors there.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Jeremy

Last edited:
How much free memory is available on the server?
May be Plesk resource monitor could help to get on the trail.
Check the others log in /var/log/ directory

Back