• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Using DigitalOcean DNS extension

adagio

New Pleskian
Hello,

I recently installed my Plesk and i start using also the DigitalOcean DNS extension.
I am not 100% sure if i have setup everything correctly and i was wondering if you can help to clarify some questions i have.
Up to now what i have done regarding DNS records, is to install and authorize the DigitalOcean DNS extension.
Then every new domain i add in Plesk is automatically created as a new zone in DigitalOcean.
Same applies also when i create a new record in Plesk, for instance if i create a new TXT , then a notification appears in Plesk
"The changes you made to DNS records are not saved yet. The changes are marked in the list of records. Click Update to apply the changes to the DNS zone. Click Revert to cancel the changes." then i press update and the record added in the relevant zone in DigitalOcean.

Although after pressing update a warning appears in Plesk:

Warning: The DNS zone was modified. If you would like to apply changes in the DNS template to this zone, either click the 'Apply DNS Template Changes' button on this page or go to the Server Administration Panel > Tools & Settings > DNS Template Settings > Apply DNS Template Changes and choose the 'Apply the changes to all zones' option.

So i am not sure if i have setup everything correctly....
Note that in plesk for every domain in DNS Settings i see

"The Plesk's DNS server acts as a primary name server for the DNS zone"

Do i need to set in Plesk DNS as Slave in such case and do all changes from Digital Ocean interface?

Thanks in advance!

Back