• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Using multiple domains on a Plesk account

haggis999

New Pleskian
I signed up yesterday with a new Windows shared hosting provider and am now using Plesk for the very first time. For many years I have been using rather old control panel software called Helm provided by my previous hosting company. When you log into Helm you have not yet selected any domain and so each domain is administered quite separately. I could also choose to give a colleague access to a ftp login that applied to only one domain.

Things appear to be very different with the new Plesk account I have been given. The account was set up with what might be called a primary domain and if I add another domain it simply adds a dedicated folder within the home directory of the primary domain. This appears to have the effect that if I give someone else ftp access to the primary domain they will also have access to all the secondary domains. Is there a way around this?

EDIT: I have now been made aware that any colleague who needed access to the primary domain would only require FTP access to the httpdocs folder, not the Home Directory. This means they would not see any of the secondary domains.

However, it has also become clear that if I wished to pass on full responsibility for the current primary domain to another person who wished to use a different hosting company then my entire account would have to be erased and rebuilt with a different choice of primary domain. This makes it vital that the primary domain is one that would never be passed on to another person.

Needless to say, that is not my current setup, so my new hosting account is now being rebuilt from scratch!

Last edited:
Back