• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Using PHP5

R

razorack6412

I was wondering if anyone had a good how to, to get PHP5 working. I downloaded the art files but my phpinfo file still shows 4.3.9 do I have to make any other changes to get my sites using PHP5?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am using RHEL4 on Plesk 8.2 if you need any other info please do not hesitate to ask..

Thanks,
razorack

Code:
wget -q -O - [url]http://www.atomicorp.com/installers/atomic.sh[/url] |sh

install that. then run

Code:
yum install php-pear

that should do it.

Hi,

I know this is not what you want to hear right now but for the future please consider.

I have used many art packages and other methods for online upgrade, an example is mysql 3.23 to mysql 4.x. I had a nightmare, lots of stress etc due to the fact that in the morning the phone will be ringing.

So, going forward what I did was invest in another server so even if they rotate there is always one offline, then re-build with upgraded OS components prior to PLESK install.

The installs were quite straight forward, with a few small issues regarding backup compatibility etc. but generally very smooth.

So my recommendation is 'don't do major OS Component upgrades on a production server'. Moderate expense (but worth it in time saved), overall much less time spent reacting and no stress.

Well, thats me.

Regards

Peter

I have said it before in other posts and dont want to offend any of the "low cost" providers, but not having a dev server to test upgrades for plesk, os patches, kernel upgrades, or anything else is just flat out irresponsible and if your server crashes becuause of an update and you didnt test it first then you deserve it imo.

Well said, and if you cant afford another server, check out the virtualization packages, vmware, parallels, KVM/QEMU, openvz, and Xen.

You can create test environments and test it locally.

Back