• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Using Plesk Panel in new copied VE deletes domains on old VE

P

pingwin

Using the `vzmlocal -C 1:2` method to copy a VE with sites and a fully configured and running plesk install. I then changed the IP's and hostname and started the new VE. Within a shell I was able to determine that the VE's were indeed separated as far as mysql, and conf files. I then modified the /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/httpsd.conf file to fix the redirection of the old VE's domain name to reflect the new VE's domain name. I have already changed /etc/resolv.conf to using the local VE"s DNS server. I've also added the local ip and domain to the /etc/hosts file. I don't know if I'm missing something or not, but whats wrong?!?!

Now after all that I log into the plesk admin at ve2.domain.tld:8443 and proceed to server->ip address pool->refresh pool. and its displaying the IP pool are the IP'S FROM THE PREVIOUS VE!!!

I don't have a clue whats going wrong here, to the best of my testing locally the VE's are separate, so why is plesk all screwed up? Anything that can even so much as point me in the right direction would be greatly appriciated.

thanks

Back