• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Using SSH Key Manager extension

Franco

Regular Pleskian
Hi all,

I installed the SSH Key Manager extension and managed to configure a subscription to use the key file with SFTP, which was relatively straightforward to do.
However, how do I define and setup the keys for the SSH root login to the server? Is it possible via Plesk and its extensions or do I have to use the command line? Are there some official instructions that go with Onyx?
I am on CentOS 7.4.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Regards
Franco

P.S. The ultimate goal is to disable password login server-wide

Hi UFHH01,

I had seen that, but my question was about using the Plesk SSH Key Manager extension to add the pub key file at the right location. Apparently the extension can only deal with subscritions (vhosts). Therefore I created a key pair and added the authorized_keys file in the appropriate location using the command line interface, as suggested by that article.
I am all set, i.e., achieved thbut still wonder how one would use the mentioned extension for this case.

Regards
Franco

Hi Franco,

if you desire to use SSH keys for non-subscription users, you indeed have to follow the steps from the above mentioned KB - article, without the possibility to use the Plesk SSH Key Manager.

Back