• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Using the update tool through Plesk desktop update failed

J

jadams

I used the update tool to try and go to 8.1 Now, all of a sudden, I can no longer get to the desktop or pretty much anything other than virtuozzo. It tells me service unavailable. Please check Plesk status and click here. when I click there I get this:

psa Active TasksRefreshUp Level

On this screen you may start, stop, or restart your psa service, depending on its current state.
Also you may enable/disable service's Autostart option.

Service is Stopped
Autostart is Enabled

I click start, and it brings me back to Virtuozzo. If I log in using SSH and do 'service psa start', PSA starts, but I get a fail for starting Plesk.

Any ideas whats going on? Thanks!

It appears I was impatient. It looks to be working now, just needed to finish installing

What pisses me off, is that it doesnt have any real 'status', or atleast I don't know where to find the status of the updates.

Another thing, when I went back in, it asked me to change my password due to a security vulnerability update, but it wouldnt accept the password change. Kept telling me it couldnt do it or wrong admin password. I ended up clicking on Desktop and it went straight to the desktop.

Is this a bug, or what? Thanks for any info. :)

-Jason

Back