1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Using the update tool through Plesk desktop update failed

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by jadams, Apr 15, 2007.

1. jadams

jadams Guest

I used the update tool to try and go to 8.1 Now, all of a sudden, I can no longer get to the desktop or pretty much anything other than virtuozzo. It tells me service unavailable. Please check Plesk status and click here. when I click there I get this:

psa Active TasksRefreshUp Level

On this screen you may start, stop, or restart your psa service, depending on its current state.
    Also you may enable/disable service's Autostart option.

Service is Stopped
    Autostart is Enabled

I click start, and it brings me back to Virtuozzo. If I log in using SSH and do 'service psa start', PSA starts, but I get a fail for starting Plesk.

Any ideas whats going on? Thanks!

2. jadams

jadams Guest

It appears I was impatient. It looks to be working now, just needed to finish installing

What pisses me off, is that it doesnt have any real 'status', or atleast I don't know where to find the status of the updates.

Another thing, when I went back in, it asked me to change my password due to a security vulnerability update, but it wouldnt accept the password change. Kept telling me it couldnt do it or wrong admin password. I ended up clicking on Desktop and it went straight to the desktop.

Is this a bug, or what? Thanks for any info. :)

-Jason